2. What were some of the major challenges you initially encountered?
3. What are the common mistakes you’ve seen small business owners make with their finances?
4. What quick tips would you offer small business on managing their cash flow?
5. You’re a CPA – what have you learned about sales and marketing?
6. When selecting an accountant, what do you think small business owners should consider?
I believe they should also subscribe to the "add value to get value" philosophy because to often every single minute is charged to a client by an accountant (and other professionals) and I question the value of a lot of these minutes so look for an accountant who is willing to fix price their services.
6. Brendan, are there any other final tips on managing or planning finances you would like to add in closing?
Here's a short video clip that features Brendan sharing a story about a small business owner who fell into a common trap with the financial management of his business
If you enjoyed this post, then another related post that might interest you is Tips for managing cash flow in your small business
Brian Carroll is the founder of Performance Development, a leadership skills training company based in Melbourne, Australia. He is a qualified psychologist, experienced management coach and an engaging presenter, with a passion for helping people develop their full capabilities. He regularly delivers management courses in Sydney